In April 2016, I spent 10 days in Greece and visited Santorini, Mykonos and Athens.
Excluding my Tokyo to Athens flight and Athens to Brussels flight, I spent a total A$453.25 (approx. €300) for 10 days or an average A$45 per day.
FLIGHTS + TRANSPORT
I flew to Greece from Tokyo, Japan and left Japan for Belgium.
- Tokyo to Athens – A$472, Etihad Airways
- Athens to Mykonos – A$8, Ryanair
- Santorini to Athens – A$59, Ryanair
- Athens to Brussels (my next stop) – A$128.68, Ryanair
- High Speed Boat – Mykonos to Santorini – A$92.88 (€63)
- Mykonos – Magas Hotel (incl breaky) – twin room, A$19.50 per night
Location wasn’t the best and the water pressure in the shower was terribly weak.
- Santorini (Perissa) – Villa Valvis – double bed, A$16.50 per night
Great location (close to the beach), friendly staff.
- Athens – City Circus Athens (incl Breaky) – 4-bed dorm, A$39 per night
Great location, good service, comfortable and clean stay.
* If you have a very early flight out the next morning consider sleeping at the airport for convenience and also to save money! We felt pretty safe sleeping there but be warned, it was a pretty uncomfortable night!
Some prices to note.
- Volcano and Hot Springs Tour €20
- Cable Car €5
- Local Bus (Perissa to Fira) €2.30
- Shuttle Bus from Santorini port to accommodation (Villa Valvis) €10
- Acropolis Museum €5
- Temple of Zeus €6